- Title of the project: Women project
- Focus: Improvement of child conditions in Simanjiro
- Stated year: 3rd November 2003
- Finished year: 31st December 2003
- Partners: Mirerani Good Hope Programme and World Vision-Tanzania.
- Funding: IPEC contribution: US$ 117,958.00, MGHPs & WVs contribution: US$ 57,007.00
This project has the aim to contribute towards the progressive reduction and eventual elimination of child labour in the mining sector in Tanzania.
This project has three main immediate objectives:
- Assisting and promoting the establishment of community base mechanisms and structures for combating child labour in the mining sector in Simanjiro District.
- Withdrawing younger and vulnerable children from mining sites and to provide them with alternatives.
- Preventing child labour in small scale mining in Simanjiro district.
- Promotion and implementation of community level mechanisms and structures for eliminating child labour in mining established in Mirerani and 15 targeted areas in Simanjiro district.
- Plan for withdrawing one thousand (200 girls and 800 boys) from mining and mining related activities and provided with alternatives.
- Provided 300 families at risk in Mirerani and 15 villages in Simanjiro district with support grant for income generation.
- Programme activities on the prevention and withdrawal of 2,500 children in monitored and evaluated.