- Title of the project: Empowering women in Tigania West, Kenya, phase I
- Focus: Increasing economic independency among women and social empowerment in Tigania West.
- Stated year: 1st November 2007
- Finished year: 31st December 2009
- Partners: SOTENI Kenya (Sustainability, Opportunity, Training, Epistemology, Networking and Independence) and CRC (Community relief and Concern)
- Funding: Mini-project 547.216 DKK
- The organizational capacity to develop income generating activities is strengthened.
- Community development activities supporting income generating activities and advocacy for human rights are strengthened.
Outputs related to immediate objective 1:
- Increased entrepreneurship and improvement of existing small scale business among members of the working groups. Improved or new products and methods for production and sale is developed and implemented.
- All 50 groups have been trained in running of small scale business including the use of microfinance. 5 training sessions is made for each group.
- 50 groups have received follow up and advice on their activities in entrepreneurship and small scale business, by minimum 3 visits by trainers to each group. All groups have an attached mentor (an experienced local business man/woman) for current support and advice.
Outputs related to immediate objective 2:
- 50 groups have been trained in organizing, human rights, equal opportunities, HIV/AIDS.
- All groups have had follow up and support for their activities in local community during the follow up visits by trainers to each group.
- Community plan for supporting entrepreneurs and equal opportunities is developed in close collaboration by local authorities and CRC.
- Local community activities meetings, events etc. Focussing on human rights, equal opportunities, HIV/Aids, entrepreneurship, organizing.
- Improved organising and co-operation among women groups aiming at securing their interests in operation of business, equal opportunities in the community.